HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

NK says, let's both look into this,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
curiousity
Chitlins

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:47 pm

There is some weird rumors flying around this NK front:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 am

Vidarr wrote:
i sense a sudden spike in communist sympathies..

You proletarians don't have to go North Korea to get a taste of glorious life , just support your local synagogue in establishing the jew world order and we will all be happily working for peanuts in factories..

USSR was pretty grim life for Goyim but I once talked w/a Jew that said some relative had lived there & enjoyed things well enough. Better apartments & shops for the Better People I guess. OTOH perhaps DPRK feels it's forced into "Stalinist" economy due to sanctions & threat from 5th Columnists. I admire Koreans to some extent but regard them as crassly materialistic too, I wouldn't necessarily trust them to create an equitable society. DC area has tons of Koreans & a fairly large # of Korean (esp Presbyterian) churches. I think they attend for business networking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:08 am

wag wrote:
I'd go with you, but I'm no skinny tire speed demon, I want knobbies and lots of pit stops.  Vidar can man the vidcam!

I'm slow as molasses in January. This summer went for 2-hr ride on bike path & on return leg there was a torrential thunderstorm lasting for the whole hour...path was basically deserted but I was surprised when a skinny little ~11-year old White girl passed me on her bike (I figured she may have been training for gymnastics or such.)

I picked current touring bike esp for capacity to fit wider tires; illogically that feature is not esp common. Russian bike tourists supposedly favor wide-tire "mountain" bikes due to poor condition of secondary roads. Heck, there's a local bike path full of bone-jarring ruts, many bikers simply ride on the highway shoulder to avoid the bumps.

German Rohloff company pioneered world's best internal-gear hub. Ultra-wide gear range for steep mountains & virtually no maintenance required. Guaranteed for life, price a bit steep ~$1,200. Rohloff hub can be mated with belt-drive vs chain. By all rights belt-drive would be std on all but the cheapest bikes (excluding racing bikes). Chain maintenance a dirty hassle that 99% of bike owners don't even bother with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 pm

EyeBelieve wrote:
but I was surprised when a skinny little ~11-year old White girl passed me on her bike (I figured she may have been training for gymnastics or such.)

When I lived in Alexandria I would ride my mountain bike on the Mt Vernon bike path, and there were girls I couldn't keep up with despite really wanting to tag behind leg-watching for a while.  But most I could!

EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:26 am

For a year or two in 70's the Mount Vernon (car) Parkway was closed off on one side for bikers/peds on Sundays. They had the bike path but it was not paved yet. Thousands came on nice weekends. Mt Vernon path is paved now but still zig-zags so much that bike commuters have to go 50% further than cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:47 pm

EyeBelieve wrote:
For a year or two in 70's the Mount Vernon (car) Parkway was closed off on one side for bikers/peds on Sundays.  They had the bike path but it was not paved yet.  Thousands came on nice weekends.  Mt Vernon path is paved now but still zig-zags so much that bike commuters have to go 50% further than cars.

Took it all the way there only a couple times.  My track was mostly a bit beyond Airport to a bit beyond the park after Hunting Towers.  I'd make it about 15 miles daily.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NK says, let's both look into this,    

Back to top Go down

NK says, let's both look into this,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Laconics Round Table :: Laconics Round Table-
Jump to: