Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:10 am

Every Christmas the JMSM does stories about kindly Jews filling in for charity efforts; idea being that Christian soup-kitchen/homeless shelter volunteers are too busy gorging on turkey & opening up presents.  One is not supposed to ask where kindly Jews are for the rest of the year.  & Heaven forbid that any publicity given to fact that 99% of homelessness due to JREM.

But the new twist in WaPo article is that local Jews supposedly have a group called JAMDC (Jews & Muslims DC) but ONLY 1 RAGHEAD showed up to help!  Reading between the lines & it's clear that JAMDC is SHAMDC & Jews made no effort to make it a real thing.

A Christmas community service event takes an unexpected turn

Volunteers Sarah Schonberg, second from left, Nathaniel Berman, center rear, and Rachel Briks, rear right, from the D.C. Jewish Community Center hand out bags of food to the homeless at Franklin Square in Washington on Dec. 25, 2014. (Ricky Carioti/The Washington Post)

By Michelle Boorstein December 25

It was billed as the ultimate outsider event: A group of Jews and Muslims getting together on Christmas to meet people of another faith and to serve food to the needy.

But like any event built around the holidays and people you don’t know, unpredictability was a factor.

As about 15 people crammed into the Washington D.C. Jewish Community Center’s kitchen late Thursday afternoon to pack bags of food to give away, it became clear that only one Muslim — an organizer — had come and that the rest of the participants were Jewish. And about half of them weren’t affiliated with the Jewish-Muslim interfaith group that had planned the event — they simply had come to the JCC because it organizes dozens of service options on Christmas.

Regardless, for this group, Thursday’s event turned out to be the perfect way to celebrate a holiday they do not observe. For some who were in the kitchen, and then later in Franklin Square distributing food and other items, service is their Christmas tradition.

Ammar Zakiullah, 31, a Muslim from New Jersey, said he spends every Christmas serving through the JCC. He first heard of “JAMDC” five years ago when a Jewish friend sent him an e-mail inviting him to one of the group’s events, which are mostly movies and discussion sessions.

He thought that from the name — which stands for Jews and Muslims D.C. — that it was an offer to play music. (Heh, stupid ragheads!) He played drums and guitar, and he figured: Sure!

“I was like: ‘I can jam!’ ” Zakiullah said. Once he got to the event, he figured he’d try it. “At the time, I didn’t have many Jewish friends. It turned out we were a lot alike, and now some of my best friends are Jews in D.C.

Brian Thompson, 30, joined JAMDC this year for a similar reason: He didn’t know many Muslims but wanted to. He’d spent Thursday morning at a prayer and scripture study — the focus was on ethics and how to accept criticism gracefully — but by the afternoon, he was at the JCC kitchen, ripping aluminum foil to cover cups of tuna and egg salad. He appreciates that JAMDC gets together socially without always having a specific agenda of religion or politics.

When the group got to Franklin Square on Christmas Day, the volunteers encountered many people working to overcome addiction or homelessness.

Among them was Edward T. Johnson, 51, who said he had in the past been incarcerated, fought addiction and last week lost his job as a computer technician. Years ago, he slept in the downtown square, and although he now has a home, he knew that if he visited the square on Christmas, he could find something to eat. Late in the afternoon, volunteers with JAMDC arrived with tuna salad, toiletry kits including socks and soap, and holiday cards.

“I’d like to be the one here giving things out to them, but now I’m the one on this side. I want to be an overcomer,” said Johnson. “I’m grateful for the thought, but it would do more to take one person in this park and say: ‘I want to help you do better, I’m going to help you do better.’ ”

As the sun sank, the JAMDC group was moving on — everyone at Franklin had been offered food, water, toiletries, cards, candy canes. The group left for McPherson Square to see whether there were people there who could use their items and warm wishes.

Sitting beside Johnson on a bench at Franklin Square was his 31-year-old son, Edward Johnson Jr., who also said he was down on his luck.

Dozens of people there appeared to be living in the park, with shopping carts and multiple bags, eating the JAMDC volunteers’ offerings.

As the Johnsons spoke, a fight broke out nearby.

“The spirit of Christmas is getting worse,” the elder Johnson said. “Do you see any lights around?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NigelForage
Sirloin

PostSubject: Re: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:13 am

Every last black is needed to terrorize the Adamic Americans.

Wonder if the free snacks are laced with slow acting PCP or Bath Salts murder drugs?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Christianity is incompatible with Holy Scripture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTimes
Sirloin

PostSubject: Re: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:08 pm

EyeBelieve wrote:
“The spirit of Christmas is getting worse,” the elder Johnson said. “Do you see any lights around?”

I imagine a person's livelihood might be threatened if he/she openly practices Christmas in D.C.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:28 am

NigelForage wrote:
Every last black is needed to terrorize the Adamic Americans.

Wonder if the free snacks are laced with slow acting PCP or Bath Salts murder drugs?  

I've never had a problem w/Black homeless in DC though they do tend to fight among themselves. PCP is a really big drug in DC, mostly among Blacks. But Washington "doesn't make anything" so the dealers have to drive it from LA. Had a White co-worker once that used to get blind drunk & high on PCP every night after work. He'd come back in the business & be so out of it, was scary. Once he pissed in trash can, yecchh, even though bathroom was only a few meters away.

Blacks don't really need dope to go crazy, the lucid ones are usually the biggest troublemakers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:34 am

OldTimes wrote:
EyeBelieve wrote:

I imagine a person's livelihood might be threatened if he/she openly practices Christmas in D.C.

Downtown & NW (the fancier parts) one doesn't see many lights or trees, no. I'd guess the White Yuppies mostly go home (parents' house in other city) where they have Tree & decorations etc. Not that folks who celebrate Christmas in DC are threatened so much...but OTOH not advisable to wear cross/crucifix to work either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story   

Back to top Go down

Jews Add Anti-Muslim Twist to Traditional Xmas Jewish Charity Story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1