Laconics Round Table

Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob Saget
Filet Mignon

PostSubject: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Miss Lebanon in hot water after selfie with Miss Israel

Saly Greige waving after being crowned Miss Lebanon 2014, on October 5, 2014.  photo with Miss Israel

Saly Greige waving after being crowned Miss Lebanon 2014, on October 5, 2014. She is now in trouble for appearing in "selfie" photo with Miss Israel (AFP Photo/Anwar Amro)

Beirut (AFP) - Miss Universe contestants are keen to proclaim their desire for world peace, but this year's Miss Lebanon has declared war after claiming Miss Israel muscled in uninvited during a group "selfie."

Saly Greige took to her Facebook page to declare that Israel's Doron Matalon had pushed her way into a now widely-circulated photo showing the Middle Eastern beauties with Miss Japan and Miss Slovenia.

"Since the first day of my arrival to participate to Miss Universe, I was very cautious to avoid being in any photo or communication with Miss Israel (that tried several times to have a photo with me)," Greige wrote in English on her page.

"I was having a photo with Miss Japan, Miss Slovenia and myself, suddenly Miss Israel jumped in, took a selfie, and put it on her social media."

The offending photo, taken in Miami where the Miss Universe pageant is staged, appeared on Matalon's Instagram account on January 11.

It shows Miss Israel with a beaming Miss Slovenia and Miss Japan, and Miss Lebanon, who appears to be gritting her teeth.

Matalon responded to the controversy herself on Sunday, saying it made her "sad".

"It doesn't surprise me, but it still makes me sad. Too bad you can not put the hostility out of the game," she wrote in English and Hebrew.

Lebanese media picked up the story, running Greige's allegations that Matalon had "photobombed" the selfie, and local social media users both defended and attacked their beauty queen for the picture.

Israel occupied parts of Lebanon for 22 years until 2000, but the two countries are still technically at war and their armies occasionally skirmish along the UN-designated withdrawal line.

Israel fought a bloody war against Lebanon's Hezbollah in 2006, which killed more than 1,200 people in Lebanon, mostly civilians, and some 160 Israelis, mostly soldiers.

Doron the Moron

Miss Israel is not black anymore, she's an Ashkenazi now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:01 am

That's Chutzpah for ya'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Gold
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:06 am

Israel attacked Lebanon. Israel lost about 20 heeb soldiers in bomb accidents and helicopter crashes. The Lebanon war was a one way slaughter. The great 'white hope' for Lebanon was Hariri, but he was killed by a massive Israeli car bomb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTimes
Sirloin

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:36 am

Jacob Gold wrote:
The Lebanon war was a one way slaughter.

Miss Israel
Quote :
"It doesn't surprise me, but it still makes me sad. Too bad you can not put the hostility out of the game," she wrote in English and Hebrew.

One really should not be taking slaughter of her people so personally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:19 am

OldTimes wrote:
Jacob Gold wrote:
The Lebanon war was a one way slaughter.

Miss Israel
Quote :

Who would think that Jews would poison the pure world of beauty pageants with political schemes?  Obviously the photobombing a prearranged stunt.

Of course The Flintstones dealt with this thorny issue:  Barney & Fred forced to become judges & Jews threatened them to pick their daughters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puckatawk
Hambone

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 am

Jacob:

"The great 'white hope' for Lebanon was Hariri, but he was killed by a massive Israeli car bomb."

That's right.  Harrari was a good bridge builder with neighbor to east, the same being blamed for his murder and now under attack from at least four different sides.

OPC Global:
"The bomb that killed Rafik al-Hariri weighed 2,200 pounds and left a crater 30 feet wide in the Corniche, Beirut’s seaside promenade. In addition to Hariri, it killed 21 people, and injured 220 more."

On on a related, belated topic - not trying to jump in on anybody here - another Israeli killing is being touted as good news in the press: 

Re: Taipei Times (Reuters) 1/20/15
Israeli strike kills top Hezbollah figures
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2015/01/20/2003609699

Photo Caption reads:
Jihad Moughniyah, son of Hezbollah’s late military leader Imad Moughniyah, attends a ceremony marking his father’s 40th death anniversary in Beirut’s suburbs on March 24, 2008.

What's wrong with this picture?  Is this the face of a legitimate assassination hit?

Article:
An Israeli helicopter strike in Syria killed a commander from Lebanon’s Hezbollah and the son of late military leader Imad Moughniyah, Hezbollah said, in a major blow that could lead to reprisal attacks.

The strike hit a convoy carrying Jihad Moughniyah and commander Mohamad Issa, known as Abu Issa, in the province of Quneitra, near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, killing six Hezbollah members in all, a statement from the group said.

It comes just days after Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said frequent Israeli strikes in Syria were a major aggression, that the group was stronger than before, and that Syria and its allies had the right to respond.

Article continues ...

Upping the ante at this time is bound to cause escalation that Israel is apparently prepared to handle.  Complaining about war crimes to date only invites more is the message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NigelForage
Sirloin

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:29 am

"It doesn't surprise me, but it still makes me sad. Too bad you can not put the hostility out of the game,"

The Jewess cries out in pain as she stabs you in the back.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Christianity is incompatible with Holy Scripture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest   

Back to top Go down

Miss Lebanon under fire for selfie with Miss Israel during Miss Universe contest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1