Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jewish victims 'treated like devil' by ultra-Orthodox community

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob Saget
Filet Mignon

PostSubject: Jewish victims 'treated like devil' by ultra-Orthodox community   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 am

Jewish victims of child sexual abuse are being treated like the devil and told they should burn by members of the ultra-Orthodox community, the royal commission has been told.

A man known as AVB gave evidence at a hearing of the Royal Commission in Institutional Responses to Child Abuse in Melbourne on Wednesday.

He was sexually assaulted at the age of 10 by convicted child abusers Daniel Hayman and David Cyrprys in the 1980s, but he remained silent for 20 years.

AVB told the inquiry he had been subjected to ongoing bullying and intimidation at the hands of the Yeshivah community for speaking out.

"There are issues we are still encountering," he said.

"People cannot accept the necessity to address issues and they label the victim as some kind of devil and that they should burn."

He said there remained a culture of cover-up and denial within the ultra-Orthodox Yeshivah community.

"In my experience, powerful relationships, family bonds and blind loyalties with the Yeshivah and broader Jewish community create significant conflicts of interest," AVB told the inquiry.

Bring my soul back by treating me like a person, acknowledging what happened to me was wrong.
   AVB, child sexual abuse victim

"That caused organisations and individuals to misuse their purported authority.

"I am here because this all needs to change if you are to create an environment where children are protected and victims and their families will not hesitate in reporting child sexual abuse."

AVB said he had been called a "moser" on blogs posted by members of the Yeshiva community.

It is an offensive term for Jews, describing a person who breaks the rule of Mesirah.

"I was a moser. I had gone against the community and bought it into great shame," he said.

"During the Holocaust, some Jews became the Jewish police and worked on behalf on of the Germans and some would beat the Jews.

"They were considered the low of the low because they were working with the Nazis during that period.

"You can't get lower than a moser."

~You cant be lower than a child molester rat or a Holocaust denier. If that doesnt say all I dont know what does.

Mikey (Moishe) Rivero is no moser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Jewish victims 'treated like devil' by ultra-Orthodox community   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:25 am

Ultra-Orthos surely desperate to avoid public attention, obviously for the chomo angle being exposed to a few Goyim, but also to maintain declining membership. How many Jews nowadays want to bother with the silly clothes, insular communities etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jewish victims 'treated like devil' by ultra-Orthodox community
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1