Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amalgamy
Porkchop

PostSubject: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:11 am

March 6, 2015 1:58pm
(JTA) — The Anti-Defamation League condemned Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan as the “leading anti-Semite in America” after a speech in which he blamed “Israelis and Zionist Jews” for the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

“At a time when anti-Semitic attitudes are at historic lows, Farrakhan’s unabashed promotion of anti-Semitism is a throwback to the intolerance of another era,” ADL National Director Abraham Foxman said in a statement issued Thursday.

Farrakhan, who has a long history of anti-Semitic remarks, delivered his speech Sunday in Chicago as part of his Saviors Day 2015 sermon.
“It is now becoming apparent that there were many Israelis and Zionist Jews in the key roles of the 9/11 attacks,” Farrakhan said. “If they can prove me wrong, I’ll pay with my life, since they want to kill me anyway. Prove me wrong. We’re dealing with thieves and liars and murderers.”
Some of Farrakhan’s other claims in that speech relating to Sept. 11 include that “an Israeli film crew dressed as Arabs were filming the Twin Towers before the first plane went in” and “many Jews received a text message not to come to work on Sept. 11.”

Farrakhan’s religious group Nation of Islam, once led by Malcolm X, is labeled as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Farrakhan left the group in 2007 due to health problems but has continued to give public speeches promoting anti-Semitic claims in recent years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:42 am

So is Farrahkan genuine or just a tool? I mean aside from Nation of Islam being problematic.

So BTW MSNBC fires Al Sharpton? I'm not sure what's fact & what's rumor with that. Sharpton has often been an opportunist rabble-rouser but OTOH can sometimes sound like a halfway intelligent ~progressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Gold
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Why did the Negro-Radical wait 14 years to say jews orchestrated 9/11?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EyeBelieve
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:12 am

Jacob Gold wrote:
Why did the Negro-Radical wait 14 years to say jews orchestrated 9/11?

For all we know he might have been talking about it for years--& JMSM ignored it until 9/11 became Ancient History.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfgar
Goat Stew

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Surprised that Abe didn't use the terms "virulently antisemitic" and "canard" in the press release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Wulfgar wrote:
Surprised that Abe didn't use the terms "virulently antisemitic" and "canard" in the press release.

"Shocked, saddened, sickened and angry" has fallen off of late.

puckatawk
Hambone

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 am

EB:

"For all we know he might have been talking about it for years--& JMSM ignored it until 9/11 became Ancient History."

That is very likely the case.  This also familiar 'formula' for denial, though, claiming Israel is exempt from suspicion, hardly leaves room for consideration of evidence suggesting otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11   

Back to top Go down

ADL condemns Farrakhan’s claim that Jews were behind 9/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1