Laconics Round Table

Laconics Round Table
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacob Gold
Cervelle de Veau
avatar

Posts : 5042
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Associated Press
12 hours ago


WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A federal judge approved a $4.5 million settlement between an upstate New York school district and five Jewish students who say they endured years of abuse by classmates who made Holocaust jokes toward them and drew swastikas in hallways and lockers.

One of the five current and former students who testified at a hearing Thursday when the settlement was approved held back sobs as she described becoming suicidal after repeated acts of anti-Semitic bullying.

"I will never be able to get those years of my childhood back," the 17-year-old said, according to the New York Times. "I used to be an outgoing kid who wasn't afraid to talk to people and make new friends."

The lawsuit accused Pine Bush Central School District officials of failing to take action to protect the students from anti-Semitic bullying for years. The students said they were subjected to racial epithets, Nazi salutes and other forms of intimidation.

As part of the settlement, the district must conduct mandatory training for faculty and staff on recognizing anti-Semitic harassment. It must also implement an anti-bullying curriculum.

The students will receive two-thirds of the payout. The rest will go to attorney's fees.

The district, in a rural area about 90 miles north of New York City, has indicated it will sue its insurer, which denied coverage for the case.

"Anti-Semitic harassment is wrong," the school district and plaintiffs said in a joint statement posted on the Pine Bush website after the settlement was announced last month. "The district will never condone anti-Semitic slurs or graffiti, Holocaust 'jokes' or physical violence. No family should have to experience the hurt and pain that bullying and name-calling can cause children to endure because of their religious, national or cultural identity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Gold
Cervelle de Veau
avatar

Posts : 5042
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau
avatar

Posts : 8452
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 pm

On top of their Pell Grants and free Israel trips, that's a lot of scam money!

_________________
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierJustice
T-Bone
avatar

Posts : 1814
Join date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:00 am

What horsesh*t. Who didn't get bullied at school.

What if you had a funny last name, wore glasses, or were Asian? What if you were short, or overweight, or your mom packed you a brown bag lunch? What if you had braces, or acne, had a stutter or lisp, or were quiet or shy, or your clothes weren't designer brand? Etc etc. Get rid of jewish television (for starters) and 'bullying' would drop by at least half.

But let's see here, $4.5 million awarded, two-thirds going to the 'students', split 5 ways -- that's $600,000 per jew. Quite the shakedown. All in a jew's day's work.

Quote :
"I will never be able to get those years of my childhood back," the 17-year-old said, according to the New York Times. "I used to be an outgoing kid who wasn't afraid to talk to people and make new friends."

The lawsuit accused Pine Bush Central School District officials of failing to take action to protect the students from anti-Semitic bullying for years. The students said they were subjected to racial epithets, Nazi salutes and other forms of intimidation.

Jews are the only group in the world who get paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) for 'hurt feelings'.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTimes
Sirloin
avatar

Posts : 584
Join date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:33 pm

FrontierJustice wrote:
Jews are the only group in the world who get paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) for 'hurt feelings'.

The courts wouldn't rule in their favor if it weren't for all the jewish judges, probably getting some of the kickback at the synagogue.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vidarr
Filet Mignon
avatar

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2013-01-23
Location : Iran

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:58 pm

There is one relief.. Lower courts in the US tend to grant such ridiculous amounts of money.
But when going for an appeal in higher courts the amount of money granted gets reduced drastically..
The lowered amounts from higher court verdicts are usually not mentioned in media because it doesn't look cool and the high amounts that do get published serve as a scare tactic to warn people not to f*ck up or else..


_________________
-"Vidarr was easily the biggest a-hole posting here.".... "by far".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierJustice
T-Bone
avatar

Posts : 1814
Join date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:20 am

OldTimes wrote:
FrontierJustice wrote:
Jews are the only group in the world who get paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) for 'hurt feelings'.

The courts wouldn't rule in their favor if it weren't for all the jewish judges, probably getting some of the kickback at the synagogue.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfgar
Goat Stew
avatar

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:47 pm

FrontierJustice wrote:
What horsesh*t. Who didn't get bullied at school.

What if you had a funny last name, wore glasses, or were Asian? What if you were short, or overweight, or your mom packed you a brown bag lunch? What if you had braces, or acne, had a stutter or lisp, or were quiet or shy, or your clothes weren't designer brand? Etc etc. Get rid of jewish television (for starters) and 'bullying' would drop by at least half.

New kids, except girls, who just moved to town were picked on at my school.  

Nevertheless, this story was perfectly timed to squelch the recent story of Jew Pell Grant scam to fund yeshiva excursions to Israel.  Jews instinctively twist everything around to make themselves out to be the ultimate victims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau
avatar

Posts : 8452
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Wulfgar wrote:
FrontierJustice wrote:
What horsesh*t. Who didn't get bullied at school.

What if you had a funny last name, wore glasses, or were Asian? What if you were short, or overweight, or your mom packed you a brown bag lunch? What if you had braces, or acne, had a stutter or lisp, or were quiet or shy, or your clothes weren't designer brand? Etc etc. Get rid of jewish television (for starters) and 'bullying' would drop by at least half.

New kids, except girls, who just moved to town were picked on at my school.  

Nevertheless, this story was perfectly timed to squelch the recent story of Jew Pell Grant scam to fund yeshiva excursions to Israel.  Jews instinctively twist everything around to make themselves out to be the ultimate victims.

Jews want to see victimization in their natural alienation, but when you mention innocent victims of their lying, scamming and exploitation of naive goy, they see it as Darwinian.

_________________
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierJustice
T-Bone
avatar

Posts : 1814
Join date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:42 am

Wulfgar wrote:
FrontierJustice wrote:
What horsesh*t. Who didn't get bullied at school.

What if you had a funny last name, wore glasses, or were Asian? What if you were short, or overweight, or your mom packed you a brown bag lunch? What if you had braces, or acne, had a stutter or lisp, or were quiet or shy, or your clothes weren't designer brand? Etc etc. Get rid of jewish television (for starters) and 'bullying' would drop by at least half.

New kids, except girls, who just moved to town were picked on at my school.  

Nevertheless, this story was perfectly timed to squelch the recent story of Jew Pell Grant scam to fund yeshiva excursions to Israel.  Jews instinctively twist everything around to make themselves out to be the ultimate victims.

And yet it's just another day for jews. What other creature in existence endlessly fleeces your money and then tells you it's because they are victims of your endless persecution?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students   

Back to top Go down
 
School to pay $4.5M settlement to bullied Jewish students
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hobart to require volunteer service to graduate high school
» Asthma Death Boy Was 'Neglected' By School - inquest shows
» Ivor Slipper - Tales From St. Justice's School - James Goes Back to School
» Strict School Rules in China seem bizarre
» Has anyone in the category of $100,000.00 and $200,000.00 received there settlement

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Laconics Round Table :: Laconics Round Table-
Jump to: