Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackveil
Brisket

PostSubject: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:02 pm

https://news.vice.com/article/thai-police-say-bombing-suspect-had-more-than-200-forged-passports

August 30, 2015 | 11:25 pm

Thai authorities arrested a suspect on Saturday in connection with the August 17 bombing at Bangkok's Erawan shrine on Saturday, but they say he's not cooperating and could be lying to his interrogators.

The arrest came after police raided the man's apartment, where they reportedly found bomb-making materials and more than 200 forged passports. ... police are reportedly considering the possibility that he was part of a network that provided fake passports to migrants. All of the fake passports were reportedly from the same country, but police aren't saying which one. ...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackveil
Brisket

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:04 pm

According to other media sources, the arrested suspect is Turkish.

Sybil Edmonds revelations about Turkish links to 9/11 come to mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Blackveil wrote:
According to other media sources, the arrested suspect is Turkish.

Sybil Edmonds revelations about Turkish links to 9/11 come to mind.

When I hear of multiple forged passports I always think of Turks (sarcasm).

Blackveil
Brisket

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 am

wag wrote:
[

When I hear of multiple forged passports I always think of Turks (sarcasm).

You're a bad egg! You smell bagels? Well, yes, one does wonder. The thing is, Turkey and Israel have deep dealings - going back to 9/11, and also rampant in the attempt to overthrow Syria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puckatawk
Hambone

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:16 am

wag:

"When I hear of multiple forged passports I always think of Turks (sarcasm)."

This was the guy's underground business, for which he should be charged.  It doesn't make him the bomber.  They may want this (shrine bomb) case solved, but won't easily settle for a patsy (this time).

Thailand is popular for the counterfeiting and fake items business mostly because of high quality Thai craftsmanship.  Busted guy sends out his orders and sells the fake passports.

thaivisa 3/18/15
Iranian man arrested with over 1,000 fake passports
http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/iranian-man-arrested-with-over-1000-fake-passports/40446/

Youtube - June 2012
Iranian suspected of producing fake passports arrested in Central Pattaya - Pattaya One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k12F3OgkRLw

These people don't actually produce much and are in Thailand for what's uniquely available there.  When busted they don't seem to want to give up their sources, as if that would have worse consequences than taking full responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 am

The only reason you would have so many fake passports is if you were getting paid to go where ordered.  If you had a clear itinerary, we wouldn't need so many.  So to me, the bombers must have been part of some terror network for hire.  Who would fund such a strategic operation and why?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thai Police Say Bombing Suspect Had More Than 200 Forged Passports   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1