Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierJustice
T-Bone

PostSubject: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:40 am

Best wishes during the holidays to all at Laconics!

Out of dark times, may the new year bring with it a new fire united and ascendant within us all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierJustice
T-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:52 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldTimes
Sirloin

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:18 am

There's something about each of these images that bring me nostalgic emotions.
I love the fox (crafty & clever) and the warm log cabin.

Merry Christmas!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:44 pm

We have a big holly tree! Cardinals love it in the dead of winter (not close yet this year), but lately the Robins aren't flying south, and flock in it when it gets really cold and pick it clean in a few weeks.  Not blaming them, they're just confused worm eaters.

FrontierJustice
T-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:43 pm

OldTimes wrote:
There's something about each of these images that bring me nostalgic emotions.
I love the fox (crafty & clever) and the warm log cabin.

Merry Christmas!!

Glad to hear you dug the images! They evoked something similar for me too. This time of year I really enjoy what nature weaves and especially observing any critters that happen about (squirrels, cats, deer, birds -- and yes foxes!). Foxes are funny creatures - I had an outdoor cat for years, and these packs of foxes would harass him, eat his food, chase him, leave their stinky stench everywhere, but they never took him out - I assume it's because they knew if they did that the food scraps would stop coming (smart move). They would sometimes get as close as about 25 feet to me when the cat (food) was around - wander up and just kind of sit there, taunt the cat, bark/yowl at me sometimes. The cat would taunt back and rub it in their faces that he had a 'big animal' representative. The foxes were difficult to befriend, but probably just the type or the setting, and the fact that they were such scavengers.

And then there's the warm hearth and the traditions in the season, yes...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierJustice
T-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:49 pm

wag wrote:
We have a big holly tree! Cardinals love it in the dead of winter (not close yet this year), but lately the Robins aren't flying south, and flock in it when it gets really cold and pick it clean in a few weeks.  Not blaming them, they're just confused worm eaters.

Had a rowan tree in my front yard last year -- birds did the same!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays   

Back to top Go down

Joyous Yule / Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1