Laconics Round Table

Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

'Voice' singer Christina Grimmie's shooting death was planned

Chris Bonanno, Florida Today, and Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY 5:10 p.m. EDT June 11, 2016

'The Voice' singer Christina Grimmie died Saturday after a gunman opened fire at a Florida concert venue as Grimmie signed autographs for fans after a show, killing the singer and then fatally shooting himself. Wochit

(Photo: Vivien Killilea, Getty Images for iHeartMedia)

ORLANDO — The Voice singer Christina Grimmie was fatally shot by a 27-year-old white male  — armed with two guns and a knife — who traveled to Orlando from another city in Florida specifically to kill her, police said Saturday.
Orlando police identified the suspected gunman as Kevin James Loibl, 27, of St. Petersburg, Fla..

Orlando police released of photo of Kevin James Loibl, 27, who was identified as the suspected shooter in the killing of pop singer Christie Grimmie on June 10, 2016. (Photo: Orlando PD)

Grimmie, who had wrapped up her show with Before You Exit at the Plaza Live Theater, was shot late Friday while signing autographs and meeting fans. Loibl shot and killed himself after he was tackled by Grimmie's brother, Marcus. The 22-year-old singer died about five hours later at an Orlando hospital.

USA TODAY

The one Christina Grimmie tweet everyone is sharing

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said earlier that there was no indication that Grimmie knew her assailant before he walked up to her during a meet-and-greet with fans and opened fire.
Mina said the suspect traveled from another — unidentified — Florida city to kill Grimmie. "He came here to commit this crime and had plans to travel back to where he came from," he said.
Mina said detectives hoped to get information from the suspect's phone to help establish a motive for the killing. Detectives were sent to the suspect's home city to search his residence and any computers or other evidence.

A fan of Christina Grimmie, Sheina Amaguer, describes what she saw and heard during the shooting of "The Voice" singer who was killed while signing autographs after a concert in Orlando, Florida. USA TODAY

USA TODAY

Orlando club suspends all events after Christina Grimmie shooting

USA TODAY

Grimmie’s brother called 'hero' for tackling shooter

Mina indicated the suspect planned to leave Orlando by some form of public transportation, such as plane, train or bus. "There is is no car that we are looking for," Mina said. "He did make travel arrangements to get back where he was going."
Police said the suspect was carrying two handguns, additional ammunition and a large hunting knife. The shooting occurred near the back of the venue around 10 p.m. while Grimmie was hosting a meet-and-greet for fans. There were about 120 people in the theater at the time.

USA TODAY

Christina Grimmie covers that will give you chills

USA TODAY

Celebrities mourn 'Voice' star Christina Grimmie on Twitter, Instagram

Mina said the gunman "approached her and opened fire, striking her." The police chief said the theater's security guards search bags of concertgoers when they arrive, but do not use a metal detector.
The Plaza Live canceled all activities and events at the venue until further notice.
"The board and the staff at The Plaza Live Venue are deeply saddened by the tragic events of Friday evening," the theater said in a statement on its Facebook page.  "Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those lost as well of those who witnessed and aided in the recovery after this senseless act."
Police spokeswoman Wanda Miglio called Grimmie's brother a hero, crediting him with stopping the suspect from hurting anyone else.

Fans who saw Christina Grimmie Friday are in disbelief, react to her death

Yesenia Camacho, of Tampa, said she heard the gun shots but they didn't sound like she would have expected.
"It's not the movie-type gunshots. It's this banging or popping and three times in a row, echoed," she said.

"It seemed fake. It seemed like the guys were just doing a little prank just to scare everyone and just to joke around and we were just waiting for someone to laugh and for them to comeback and tell us, you know we were just playing with you guys."
Sheina Almaguer, from Kissimmee, was in the audience for the show and said Grimmie "sang her heart out."
She did it for people to smile," she said,. "She was inspirational."
Almaguer said she was standing near the tour buses when the incident occured and she thought at first it might be a prank.
"A few minutes later, people were just running out and this one girl comes and cries on the floor," she said.
Grimmie, who built up a huge fan base YouTube, appeared on season six of The Voice in 2014 where she finished in third place.
#PrayforChristina started trending on Twitter as friends, fans and other singers hoped for the singer to pull through. Police announced early Saturday she had died from her injuries.
"There are no words," The Voice tweeted. "We lost a beautiful soul with an amazing voice. Our hearts go out to the friends, fans and family of @TheRealGrimmie."
Fans and celebrities have expressed their grief and outrage on social media as they learned of Grimmie's death.
Brian Teefey, of Grimmie's management company. LH7 Management, said "words cannot begin to describe the pain I am feeling."
"I learned this business through the eyes of a father and Christina was like a second daughter to me," he said in a statement. "All I wanted to do was assist her in achieving her musical dreams while protecting her from the pitfalls associated with the business. I never could have imagined this horrific event being one of the pitfalls needing to be avoided."
News of Grimmie’s death hit hard in her hometown of Evesham, N.J., where Mayor Randy Brown called her “one of Evesham’s shining stars” on Facebook.
“She was driven,” said Sam Student, who attended high school with Grimmie. “She knew what she wanted to do and did it wholeheartedly. … She was talented and I was fortunate to know her.”
Grimmie started out in her teens as a YouTube singer, posting videos of covers from her bedroom in Marlton, N.J. She eventually gained more than 2 million subscribers.
She reached a new level of fame after competing on The Voice on Adam Levine's team. Even though she placed third, Levine offered a record deal through 222 Records. Lil' Wayne also showed interest in her. She went with Island Records and was working on an album that was set to release in the fall — her first with a major record label.
"People have reached out to me after watching me on The Voice that I don't think would have taken me seriously when I was just solely making YouTube covers," she told Gannett NJ in 2015. "Being on The Voice stage week after week showed people that I can withstand pressure, keep myself in shape vocally, and constantly reinvent myself."
Grimmie was known for her incredibly wide voice range and discipline. Her cover of Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball on The Voice stunned the audience and got a four-chair turnaround from the judges. After a cover of Drake's Hold On, We're Going Home, Rock and Hall of Famer (and Levine's mentor) Graham Nash said he was "amazed at the range and the control and the depth of her voice," according to People.
Fans remember not only Grimmie's talent but also her positivity. It's evident on her Twitter page, where several of her tweets have resurfaced, including some touching upon death and religion.

Last edited by wag on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 pm

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Her and her brother, called "a hero" for tackling the shooter, who then committed suicide.

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Shooter has no web presence beyond this (least jewy look) photo...

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 am

wag wrote:
Shooter has no web presence beyond this (least jewy look) photo...

Kevin James Loibl, 27,
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2015/aug/12/republican-presidential-candidate-lookalikes-in-pictures#img-4

Kevin James and Chris Christie: Kevin James is the King of Queens, Queens is in New York City, the George Washington bridge runs between New York City and New Jersey, and ... you get the idea

Photograph: Getty Images and Rex Features

Jacob Gold
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Bingo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Adam Levine to Pay for Christina Grimmie's Funeral

by Rebecca Macatee  | Mon, Jun 13, 2016 3:20 PM

Tyler Golden/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

In the wake of Christina Grimmie's tragic death, a member of her Voice family is reaching out to her relatives.

Adam Levine, Christina's coach on The Voice, is paying for the late singer's funeral as well as her mother's travel expenses, his rep confirmed to E! News. Christina's brother Marcus Grimmie, who is being hailed as a hero for tackling her attacker to the ground Saturday, posted on Facebook that he was "blown away" after learning the Maroon 5 singer "personally called my mother and said he will pay for the funeral and her plane flight."

Read

Christina Grimmie's Brother Marcus Mourns His Baby Sister After Shooting

Adam, who signed Christina to his label 222 records following season six of The Voice, took to Twitter Saturday to express his grief over the singer's senseless death.

Christina's manager Brian Teefey set up a GoFundMe page to help with the family's expenses. As Marcus noted on Facebook, the funds were intended "to help our family move out of our current house and to take care of the funeral." As of Monday afternoon, the fund had more than $171,800 in donations. Her brother was moved by the outpouring of support, writing, "Words cannot express...literally I have no words."

Read

Christina Grimmie Witness Recalls Her ''Bubbly'' Demeanor Just Before the Fatal Shooting
"Please do not feel the need to donate anything at all. Please," wrote Marcus. "Just leave a kind word, message or picture in the comments or message me and sign this change.org petition to help Christina possible be remembered in the next legend of Zelda game, her favorite game of all time."
Marcus assured friends and fans that he and his parents "will read every one of these personalized messages," writing, "I'm so blown away by everything right now. But all I can say is thank you. And Christina will be missed and never ever forgotten."

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:18 pm

And they all lived happily ever after...

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:32 am

Christie to hold funding formula forum

Amanda Oglesby, @OglesbyAPP 9:19 p.m. EDT June 26, 2016

VIDEO: No child is worth more than another, says Gov. Christie ~Courtesy of the Office of the Governor

Buy Photo

(Photo: Asbury Park Press file photo)

WALL - Gov. Chris Christie has stopped holding his once rallying town hall meetings since his failed bid for president, but the governor is making a public appearance Tuesday to garner support for his new proposed school funding formula.
Christie said his "Fairness Formula" is a way to lower property taxes across much of New Jersey by redistributing state aid to schools, which currently is concentrated in low-income, urban districts.
Under Christie's proposal, each public school student in New Jersey would get the same amount of state aid, regardless of where they live or the needs of their district. Students with special needs would continue to see extra state aid, the governor said.
Critics of the plan say it could decimate educational services in low-income districts, which are more dependent on state aid to fund their schools than wealthier districts. Proponents of the plan say it would provide much needed property tax relief to middle class and higher income New Jersey residents.
SCHOOL FUNDING: Can Christie get tax plan passed?
The forum might mark a return to town hall-style meetings for Christie, who held 135 since taking office in 2010 but none so far this year.
HOW TO ATTEND: To go, email FairnessForum.Wall@nj.gov. Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. and seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis and open to all members of the public. No bags of any kind are permitted in the venue and personal items are subject to search. Due to safety requirements, law enforcement officers will be in attendance and will wand all attendees, according to a statement from the governor's office.
The event will begin at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Wall Township municipal complex, 2700 Allaire Road.
EDITORIAL: Nothing fair about Fairness Formula
Amanda Oglesby: 732-557-5701; aoglesby@GannettNJ.com

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:34 am

Apparently he's running for re-election.  I guess Trump wasn't wowed by his robustness.  Fairness is a pretty good political platform about now. 

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 pm

VINNIE PAUL On CHRISTINA GRIMMIE's Murder: 'That's Almost The Same Scenario That Happened' To DIMEBAG

June 28, 2016 5 Comments

Share5 Tweet0 0 Reddit0 Share12

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/vinniepaulkbatjune2016_638.jpg

Former PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott says that he was "floored" by the recent shooting death of Christina Grimmie, explaining that he "never thought" another musician would lose his or her life to an obsessive fan.

Grimmie, a former contestant on NBC's "The Voice", was shot and killed following her June 10 performance in Orlando, Florida. The suspect, identified as 27-year-old Kevin Loibl of St. Petersburg, Florida, didn't appear to know Christina personally and is believed to have traveled to Orlando specifically to attack her and then fatally shot himself.

The manner in which Grimmie was murdered struck a chord with Vinnie Paul, whose brother, PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, was killed onstage more than a decade ago.

During an interview with the KBAT 99.9 radio station in Odessa, Texas, Vinnie spoke about how he felt when he first heard about the way Grimmie lost her life. "It just floored me, man," he said (see video below). "I never thought it would happen again after [Dimebag's murder]. And that's really almost the same scenario that happened to my brother.

"It's just unbelievable that there's still people that are that fanatical and that crazy out there in today's world that we don't have enough security to keep that from happening."

Vinnie added: "It's a dangerous world, man. You've gotta keep your eyes and ears peeled and be on the alert all the time."

Two days after Grimmie's death, PANTERA issued a statement calling out the concert industry for not doing more to prevent future tragedies. The group posted a Facebook message juxtaposing pictures of Grimmie and Abbott. They wrote: "After Dime's murder, we all prayed that our industry (i.e. club owners & promoters) would do whatever they needed to do to protect artists from gun wielding fanatics. Sadly, that's not the case and another rising star had to pay the consequences with her life. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE!"

Dimebag was co-founder and lead guitarist for PANTERA. When PANTERA broke up in 2003, Dimebag and Vinnie Paul formed DAMAGEPLAN. On December 8, 2004, while performing with DAMAGEPLAN at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio, Dimebag was shot and killed onstage by Nathan Gale. He was 38 years old.

Gale, an auto mechanic and ex-Marine, was described by some as an unstable man who once asserted that PANTERA had stolen his song lyrics and even his identity.

Vinnie Paul sued Alrosa Villa over his brother's death. The lawsuit was settled out of court in 2007 for what was described at the time as a nominal amount.

Fighting the lawsuit cost "in the hundreds of thousands of dollars," Rick Cautela, the club's owner, told The Columbus Dispatch. "We went from doing damn good to being broke — and came back."

In a 2014 interview with the "Talk Is Jericho" podcast, Vinnie spoke about his brother's passing. He said: "It was a really hardcore, tragic event, and the guy [Nathan Gale] wanted to kill me too. And somehow or another, I was lucky enough to escape that, and I'm still here, and I will do everything and anything I can to carry on the legacy and the tradition that my brother always had."

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 pm

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:16 am

All I'm saying is we don't really know if the sensational, illogical news stories are real or fake for ulterior purposes....

http://time.com/4386252/texas-mom-christy-sheats-taylor-madison-sheats/

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:10 am

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:16 am

Christina Grimmie’s Autopsy Results Released A Month After ‘The Voice’ Singer’s Tragic Death

By Minyvonne Burke @minyvonneb On 07/23/16 AT 8:47 AM

Officials have released the autopsy report of Christina Grimmie, confirming that the young singer died from gunshot wounds to the head and chest. Grimmie was 22 when she was gunned down last month at The Plaza Live in Orlando during a meet-and-greet with fans.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the autopsy results state that Grimmie died after getting shot twice in the head and chest by Kevin James Loibl, a 27-year-old man who had become infatuated with her. The report, released Friday, also said Grimmie didn’t have any drugs or alcohol in her system at the time of her death.
During a news conference shortly after Grimmie’s death, Orlando police said it appeared that Loibl came to the venue with the intent of killing her. The shooting happened June 10, moments after Grimmie finished a performance as the opener for the band Before You Exit. “The suspect in this case is not from Orlando. The suspect traveled to Orlando apparently to commit this crime, and had plans to travel back home,” an officer told media. Loibl also died June 10 by suicide after Grimmie’s brother, Marcus, tackled him.
Last month, Loibl’s friend, Cory Dennington, told police that even though Loibl didn’t know Grimmie personally, he thought they were meant to be together. In a police report obtained by CNN it stated that Dennington did not know his friend had intentions of killing the former “The Voice” star. “He said Loibl would not entertain the idea that his plan would not work, and when Dennington did, he threatened to end their friendship,” the police report read. “Loibl never elaborated on what he would do if he met Christina, but he referred to her as his ‘soul mate.’”
TMZ reported that Loibl supposedly went to great lengths to make sure Grimmie would be attracted to him and got hair transplants and Lasik eye surgery. He also tried a vegan diet to help him lose weight. According to the outlet, Loibl’s co-workers at the Best Buy he worked at knew about his obsession with Grimmie because he often talked to them about marrying her and listened to her music during his shifts. Loibl also claimed to have contacted Grimmie through an online video game they both played.  
Grimmie was buried June 16 in New Jersey. Following her death, her family and fans held several candlelight vigils in her honor.

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Four Christina Grimmie music videos will premiere on Billboard in August

Lauren Craddock
Jul 25th 2016 5:41PM
X
Christina Grimmie's team will release four new music videos for the late singer's final songs in August, all of them premiering exclusively through Billboard (dates below).
"August will be a visual celebration of Side A," Grimmie's manager Brian Teefey shared. "I couldn't be more proud of her and everyone involved for the labor of love that was put into this project."
Premiere dates:
"Snow White": Aug. 11
"Anybody's You": Aug. 18
"Deception": Aug. 25
Without Him: Sept. 1
Grimmie had been working on videos for her EP Side A prior to her tragic death on June 10. According to Brian, the videos were shot back in February and include choreography and artistic elements in the creation of a short story that follows Jessica Blue on "her journey to find her voice and her path in life only to find they are one in the same."
Remembering Christina Grimmie: A Look at the Late 'Voice' Singer
The videos for "Snow White," "Anybody's You," "Deception" and "Without Him" will be released on Grimmie's YouTube channel and will exclusively premiere through Billboard throughout August. The first video, for "Snow White," is set to premiere Aug.11. Brian asks fans to include #ChristinaGrimmie along with their support for each video to make August a month of remembering the late Voice singer.

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:32 pm

DISTURBED Frontman Joins BREAKING BENJAMIN For Cover Of PANTERA's 'Walk' (Video)

August 13, 2016 57 Comments

Share7.8K Tweet5 1 Reddit0 Share7.8K

image: http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/daviddraimanbreakingbenjaminpantera_638.jpg

DISTURBED singer David Draiman joined BREAKING BENJAMIN on stage last night (Friday, August 12) at the Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas, Texas to perform a cover version of the PANTERA classic "Walk". Video footage of the collaboration can be seen below.

Draiman has often praised late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott for his hospitality, friendship and partying spirit, recalling a few years ago: "During our second Ozzfest, we were holed up in Dallas for about two or three days … hanging out at Dime's place — it was an eclectic house. There's all kinds of PANTERA memorabilia and Dimebag memorabilia all over the place. But you could never make the mistake of falling asleep at Dime's. He'd wake you up the way he always did: with firecrackers. He'd always set off an entire chain of firecrackers not two inches from my head. One time … Dime took us to a strip club where we all judged a bikini contest. There was never a wrong time in the day for Dime to hit a strip club. … Dime was just this character who was very easy to love. He didn't have a bad bone in his body, and was ready to give you the shirt off his back at all times. It was his mission in life to make sure every single moment you spent with him was the best moment of your life. He was selfless."

DISTURBED and BREAKING BENJAMIN kicked off their tour at the Lakeview Amphitheater in Syracuse, New York on July 9. The trek — which also features ALTER BRIDGE and SAINT ASONIA as support — includes stops in more than twenty cities across North America.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/disturbed-frontman-joins-breaking-benjamin-for-cover-of-pantera-walk-video/#vjPm3GiOzjCj3LwO.99

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?   

Back to top Go down

Grimy Christie from Jersey killed by Libel?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1