Laconics Round Table

Laconics Round Table

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amalgamy
Porkchop

PostSubject: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 pm

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Analysis-Will-the-JCC-fake-bomb-threat-suspect-be-extradited-485022

Truth is suddenly far weirder than fiction.

With Thursday's blockbuster and bewildering announcement that the main suspect behind bomb threats against Jewish communities in the US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand is none other than a 19-year-old dual US-Israeli citizen living in the Ashkelon area, one of the eventual question will be: will he be extradited?

Jewish community center bomb threats - Weapons of fear
'Dual US-Israeli citizen behind most JCC bomb threat calls'

In some ways, it is way too early to ask this question.

Right now, the suspect is just a suspect and the investigation is ongoing. Also, Israel has said it will indict him in Israeli courts. Wave of bomb threats called to Jewish commmunity centers across the US , possible antisemitism(credit: REUTERS)

But could he be indicted in other countries at the same time and be extradited?

The first principle in extradition is there is no double-jeopardy.

You cannot try someone for the same crime in multiple countries.

Next, Israel has jurisdiction that would allow it to try the suspect for crimes where the "effects" - the bomb threats - were in other countries, provided the crime was connected enough to Israel - which it was since the suspect allegedly perpetrated all of his fake warnings from Israel using his telephone, computer and cyber capabilities.

So it would appear that he will probably be brought to trial in Israel and not in other countries.

Also, police did not know of any extradition request on the table as of Thursday.

That said, the FBI was involved in a big way in helping Israel trace and catch the suspect and most of the fake bomb threats were directed at the US and US citizens.

Especially, if applicable US laws might be easier to get a conviction or entail a stricter punishment, it is possible Israel could decide to prosecute some crimes here, but allow the US or others to take the lead in prosecuting other crimes - all of which could lead to extradition.

In that sense, the main question regarding extradition will be what is tactically the best move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:18 pm

This is why they hate Sessions.  New ball game, and just the tip of the Eisberg.

wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

The teenager arrested on suspicion of making bomb threats against Jewish centres attends a hearing in Rishon Lezion, Israel on March 23. Baz Ratner/Reuters

Wulfgar
Goat Stew

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Would love to see if Israel has ever extradited one of its Jew criminals to face trial in a goy nation. Doubt if it's ever happened even once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Wulfgar wrote:
Would love to see if Israel has ever extradited one of its Jew criminals to face trial in a goy nation.  Doubt if it's ever happened even once.

Only where a jew commits a crime against another jew would a jew be extradited.  That's Talmudic law.  Where the victims are goy, wouldn't happen, they'd laugh it off.

Bob Saget
Filet Mignon

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 pm

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Why are the Jews reporting this? Trump made them do it? I dont think so! Maybe Trump can make the Jew Fed go away too! More Jewjitsu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wag
Cervelle de Veau

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm

They might want to follow up on this guy as well.

Parents Woke Up To Burglar With Pants Down Holding Their Child, Police Say

The suspect told police he thought the 2-year-old victim was a dwarf.

By David Moye

When a couple in Tempe, Arizona, woke up Thursday morning to hear their daughter crying, they didn’t expect to see something so horrifying.
The father saw the 2-year-old in the living room where she was being held on the lap of an unknown man whose pants were sagged enough to expose his buttocks, according to a police report.
The suspect, later identified as Oren Aharon Cohen, allegedly told the father, “I’m your friend” and threw the girl on to a couch before trying to escape the apartment.
The father said he attempted to keep the 35-year-old Cohen from leaving, which started a 10-minute altercation that ended when the suspect managed to flee.
The child’s mother called 911 and the father managed to catch Cohen and hold him until police arrived, according to the report. Tempe police officers say they used a stun gun on the suspect when he refused commands and then took him into custody.
During a forensic investigation, the victim told police the “bad man” gave her an “ouchie” and pointed to her buttocks. The victim’s father told investigators that the girl was still wearing the pajamas she had gone to bed in as well as the same diaper.
Cohen’s shoes were found in the girl’s bedroom, his coat was wedged between her mattress and the wall and his Israeli passport on the floor, according to police. 
Evidence also suggested Cohen used a bathroom and helped himself to orange juice from the fridge, the report noted.
After Cohen was read his rights, police said he told them he had been visiting a friend in the same complex and got so drunk he didn’t remember much, just being in a dark room and seeing a“midget”— a derogatory term for a dwarf.
When police asked Cohen to describe the person, he gave details matching the 2-year-old victim. Cohen allegedly said he “played with the midget” and possibly picked her up. Although he could not recall specific details, police said he insisted with 100 percent certainty that he did not engage in any sexual acts with the victim.
Police said Cohen broke down in tears when he was told the victim was a 2-year-old girl, saying he would never hurt a child, but did not remember the incident because he was “black out drunk.”

Tempe Police Dept

Cohen also allegedly said he does “stupid shit” when he drunk, such as trying to pick up women or pick fights with men.
Cohen allegedly told officers that his actions deserved punishment but wanted to return to Israel where he is a citizen. 
Cohen was charged on Friday morning with one count of aggravated assault on a minor, one count of kidnapping and one count of second-degree burglary.
Cohen attempted to explain the bizarre incident to the judge after she read him his rights, according to AZFamily:
Quote :
“I didn’t do anything so that’s why I want to say something. I went to visit a friend. She lives in this complex. We were drinking a lot over there at her house. I went outside, smoked a cigarette. I guess I got blacked out. I went to the wrong door and that’s why you guys charged me with burglary. OK?  Went to the wrong apartment. OK? After that, I didn’t realize, it was dark, I didn’t realize what was happening and I guess that’s when I saw this midget, looks like a midget, I thought it was a midget. I would never do anything like that. My dad is a sex offender. I would never do anything, to like, even close to that. And I have a lot of friends, a lot of family here and not here that can be (indistinguishable) for it.”

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?   

Back to top Go down

WILL THE JCC FAKE BOMB THREAT SUSPECT BE EXTRADITED?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1